3/4 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups low-fat baking mix (like Reduced-Fat Bisquick)
1/2 cup Splenda Granular
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk (Trust me buy the big box, you will think this is crazy but after you and your family eat these muffins you will make it frequently)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray 10 muffin cups in standard muffin tin with nonstick spray. (I stretched mine to fit all 12 cups)
2. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce, egg, canola oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Be sure to dissolve any brown sugar lumps. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients. Stir; make a well in center and add milk mixture. With a large spoon or spatula, stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
My Review: These muffins are insanely easy to make and insanely delicious. At 3 points per muffin these are a great treat!